Elsje’s counselling approach is integrative. She believes that the individual client and problems they want to work on are the best indicators for what type of theoretical orientation will best fit. She works with all issues and mental health challenges. Her services are offered to adults, children, couples and families. She has special experience dealing with terminal illness, prolonged chronic illness and family members and individuals dealing with bereavement. As well, she works extensively with adult childhood trauma and PTSD.
She holds a Master of Art degree in Counselling Psychology from Trinity Western University. She has her Canadian Certified Counsellor designation and Registered Clinical Counsellor. She is also a certified supervisor and trained in EMDR and OEI. Elsje has worked with the Vancouver Crisis Centre, BC Cancer Agency as well as various hospice and palliative agencies. She has worked with the Emergency Mental Health Team with Community Services on Salt Spring Island and has been in private practice for 12 years. She also currently supervises both practicum and intern students.
Elsje has earned the following certifications:
- Senior’s Issues and in Grief and Loss (Counsellor’s Training Institute, 2005)
- OEI – Level 2 (SightPsych, 2009)
- EMDR – Level 2 (Wilensky 2010)
- Gottman Therapy – Level 3 (Gottman Institute, 2013)
- Certified Daring Way Facilitator – (Brené Brown 2019)
Elsje is also the recipient of the Entrepreneurial Award of Excellence from TWU (2018).
- CCC #2575 (Canadian Certified Counsellor) designation from the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- RCC #3832 (Registered Clinical Counsellor) designation from the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
Street: 5748 176th Street
State: British Columbia
Postal Code: V3S4C8
Existential Psychotherapy, Gestalt Therapy, Gottman Method, Play Therapy, Transactional Analysis